Founded: November 2017
Organizer: Thomas Lambert & Emelie Vervecken
Dates: First Session: November 23, 2017
Building a New House!
Thomas Lambert, Co-City Director
Thomas is a former tax and business lawyer, currently a Belgian diplomat. He served with several of the world’s most prominent multilateral organizations, representing Belgian interests with the United Nations, the World Trade Organization and the European Union. Through several diplomatic assignments, he spent nine years in the United States. It brought him the energy and enthusiasm needed for supporting entrepreneurship, be it for profit or not for profit. And it also made him discover House of Genius, deciding it was time to infect his native country with ‘the House vibe’. He is a strong believer in the untapped business potential of his countrymen and -women.
Emelie Vervecken, Co-City Director
Raised in the international media and entertainment industry, rose to a V.P. Public & Corporate Affairs-position at an international film financing & production company.
After a 10+ year track record in the International Motion Picture & Entertainment industry (financing, production, publicity) Emelie Vervecken needed a new shot of DNA and moved to the strategic communications industry. Joining the non-traditional strategic communications firm Growth Inc. in 2016 as a freelance Corporate Affairs professional, she engages in help growing this company as a start up.
Extra curricular activities:
- Alumnus from Vlerick Business School (Take the Lead, Digital Disruption program);
- Founder of Les ReBelles d’Anvers, the first fashion library in Belgium: Founded Les ReBelles d’Anvers, the first fashion library in Antwerp in 2015, offering sustainable fashion through a unique loan system for clothes. Trying to change the game of consumer behavior in the sustainable fashion industry.
- Member of Belcham, the Belgian American Chamber of Commerce.
Life outside the office
On weekends off, Emelie likes to spread her wings as a glider, take the wheel as a skipper and make a move on the tango-floor. She dares to take risks; like switching off her phone during friends, family & food-time. Passionate about setting up new business models.
Justine Harcourt de Tourville, Organizer
Works with brands to help products or services increase market share using a mix of tools acquired from many years in academia: research, applied anthropology, narrative writing and teaching. Graduated with honors in Anthropology (BA) and Urban & Regional Studies (BSc) from Cornell University and received a Research MA (with distinction) in European Society from University College of London. Published writer.
Expertise: Strategic communications. Deep dive into culture. Brand validation.
Ace connector. Public speaking and pitch expert.
- CORPORATE: Engie, European Investment Bank, Sirris, Cargolux, DEME
- ARTS & ENTERTAINMENT: Cinema Zuid, M HKA, Theater Jones
- STARTUPS: BeatSwitch, Cloudalize, Display.Direct, InnovationWall, OnAir, Boss Data, Teamleader
- STARTUP ECOSYSTEM: Startups.be, Start-it@KBC, Watt Factory, Hack Belgium
- SMEs: The Glorious Inn–The Glorious Bistro & Wine Bar, Bar Burbure
- MEDIA: Trips &Travel Magazine, Oryx In-Flight Magazine, story credit for Woolfe: Red Hood Diaries (video game)
Julie de la Kethulle de Ryhove, Organizer
Julie is an innovation consultant at Board of Innovation, Europe’s leading Innovation Agency. In her day-to-day, she enables all levels of Fortune 500 organizations in any industry to innovate their business. She start accelerators, gives executive workshops, and does consulting on innovation specialties such as innovation strategy and business model validation. Her expertise ranges from finding new business revenues and business models to empowering intrapreneurs within a corporation.
Julie also started a non-profit called ‘RedesignEDU’, in which she applies her skills in Design Thinking, Lean Startup and Business Model Innovation to the broken system of Education.
Julie started her career in Marketing at Anheuser-Busch InBev and Levi Strauss & Co, where she worked on innovation projects and experienced the corporate challenges when it comes to innovation. She combines this with experience in founding startups in different industries. She has an Advanced Master in Innovation & Strategy from business school Solvay.
Read Julie’s story here
Robert Uzieblo, Organizer